The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be. - Konrad Lorenz

God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.
Billy Graham

“Until one has loved an animal a part of one’s soul remains unawakened” - Anatole France

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

POOR DIXIE

Sweet little Dixie had to go to the emergency vet last night.  Dylan and Dixie were playing ball and I guess Louie did not like that because he tried to take out Dixie's left eye.  We're not really sure what happened.  It all happened so fast, but there was so much blood.  We thought she was going to lose her eye.  Thankfully,  he didn't get her cornea.  Just the white part.  She has to be on three meds and we have to watch for infection.  She'll go in for a follow up in a few days to make sure it is healing well.  
Louie - 1
Dixie - 0

2 comments:

Taffy said...

Oh, poor Dixie! Hopefully she isn't in much pain and it will heal quickly.

AMY ANN said...

Thank you., Taffy. I'm doing better. Mom is giving me all my meds and I go back to the Dr. tomorrow for my follow up.