The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be. - Konrad Lorenz

God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.
Billy Graham

“Until one has loved an animal a part of one’s soul remains unawakened” - Anatole France

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

DRUMROLL, PLEASE!




I would like you to meet Louie. 

On our way home from Texas we came across this little guy living by the highway in Louisiana.  Thus the name Louie.  There were no houses around.  Only a Burger King and a gas station.  While another traveler  was walking her 3 dogs, I was walking by for my much needed potty break.  She looked a little worried by the sight of this little fur ball.  Either what he would do to her dogs or her dogs would do to him.  So, I helped her out by shooing him in a different direction.  I noticed how friendly and loving he seemed to be.  Also, very skinny.   We did our business, walked Dylan and Dixie and gave Vanessa a treat.  We went on our way.  But, before we got on the highway we turned around and went back.  It was too hard to just leave him there with, possibly,  no one to take care of him and feed him. We asked everyone there if they knew his story.  If he belonged to someone.  No one claimed him.  So, I scooped him up and we quickly found a nearby vet that could give him a checkup, rabies shot  and vaccinate him to make sure he was safe/healthy to be around Dylan, Dixie and Vanessa.  Also, to check for a microchip.  He had no microchip and he checked out perfectly healthy and given his shots.  So.......to make a long story short we now have a new kitty kitty.  The Vet guessed his age to be around 7 months.  He is the most loving, friendliest, happy cat.  Wellllll, He and Vanessa.  Dylan and Dixie love him too.  I am surprised at how well they took to him.
 
Oh! I should also mention that we just had him neutered and micro chipped today. 

3 comments:

Dachshund Nola said...

Aww! Welcome, Louie
Nola

Lovable Lily said...

Lucky Louie! He sure is a pretty kitty and a very lucky one at that! I'm glad to hear that he is fitting into the pack nicely.

Welcome Louie to the World of Blogville. I'm sure we'll be seeing more pictures of you soon.

Hugs,
Lily Belle

Hannalei said...

Bless you. I have a very tender spot for the ginger kitties. *snifs* He's beautiful and so lucky to have such a caring hoomomma angel find him when he needed one most. ;)

XoXo's
Sarah & le Weens
http://doxiejibberish.blogspot.com/