The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be. - Konrad Lorenz

God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.
Billy Graham

“Until one has loved an animal a part of one’s soul remains unawakened” - Anatole France

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

POOR LITTLE DYLAN

My poor little Dylan. He had his annual shots today. He was so sweet at the vet's office. He gave the Dr. lots of kisses. She was so nice to him. Well, almost 4 hours later he blew up like a balloon. Swollen and lumpy. Looked like a labrador with really short legs. After a benedryl and 45 minutes later of only getting worse we took him back to get an injection to help with the reaction. He had a reaction last year but the vet thought it was the lepto vax since that was a new shot for him. His vax today was lepto free. Well, it turns out it is just the regular DHLPP shot that does it. Lepto or not. So, from now on he will get a pre-injection shot to, hopefully, keep him from having any other allergic reactions. Needless to say, he got lots of extra special loving today. Wait! No he gets that everyday.

5 comments:

Dachshund Nola said...

Oh poor little Dylan!
Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

Anonymous said...

oh,poor little boy!
we hope,he will be better soon and mom will give him some extrasnackies for the nerves!
sending you good thoughts ,
the foxbrothers

AMY ANN said...

Thanks for the love. I am almost all better now. But, I think I may fake it a little longer. I'm liking all this extra attention.
xoxo, Dylan

Scooter said...

Hey Dylan!
Wow, I'm so sorry the dogtor gave you the sickies, but I'm glad you're better now. Definitely milk it for all it's worth! BOL. I think these combo shots are not really a good thing. Lots of us are having this trouble. :(
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

AMY ANN said...

Thanks Sarge. I agree about the shots. I think they are going to try something different with me next year. It was not fun.