The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be. - Konrad Lorenz

God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.
Billy Graham

“Until one has loved an animal a part of one’s soul remains unawakened” - Anatole France

Sunday, December 12, 2010

MY POOR SWEET DYLAN

I felt so bad for Dylan yesterday morning. He had to go the doctor for his annual vaccinations. I mean who likes to go to the doctor? You know the whole taking of the temperature and all. He did really good, though. He behaved so nicely. He was so happy when we walked out and it was all over. I think I even heard him squeal a "yippee". Well, my poor little Dylan had to be rushed to the Emergency Clinic later that night. His whole face had swelled up and he had whelps all over. That meant more sticking, poking and prodding. And taking of the temperature again. They think he had an allergic reaction to his shots. That never happened before. They gave him a new Lyme vaccination so that is, probably, the culprit. So, the emergency clinic gave him a steroid shot and he is on benadryl for a couple of days. He looked much better this morning.

No comments: