The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be. - Konrad Lorenz

God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.
Billy Graham

“Until one has loved an animal a part of one’s soul remains unawakened” - Anatole France

Thursday, September 18, 2008

R.I.P. HEIDI



Heidi passed away March 15, 2008. She was about 13 years old. She went to sleep one night and never woke up. I like to think she died peacefully. We had her cremated. I didn't want to bury her in New York since we will probably not live here forever. I want to be able to take her with me where ever we go. I love her so much and will always miss her. This is our small memorial to her.

Heidi was already about 5 yrs. old when I adopted her. She was rescued from a puppy mill where she was used as a breeder dog. You all know how puppy mills are. They are torture chambers for dogs. She had a lot of health issues when she was rescued but most were taken care of by the time I got her. She was the sweetest dog. She loved to sit in your lap. She loved her stuffed squeak toys. She would put as much of them in her mouth and just squeak them over and over again. She would get so excited when it was treat time. She would run in circles until I gave it to her. She was such a happy dog.

No comments: